October 27th through October 30th marks the date for the exciting Mortgage Bankers Association 100th Annual Convention and Expo. Located at the Water E. Washington Convention Center in Washington, D.C., the event brings thousands of mortgage professionals together to discuss the most pressing industry issues and discuss solutions.
The convention caters to many experienced professionals, with industry leaders attending from various sectors. Managers, directors, vice presidents, chief financial operators, chief operating officers, national and regional lenders, full service mortgage companies, mortgage brokers, affordable housing groups, state and local association executives, and mortgage conduits all invited to attend.
Upper management from corporations makes up 60% of the attendees at the Annual Convention.
The event will host multiple general sessions, starting off at 4:00 P.M. on the 27th with a special session on the legislative update on the future of GSEs. That evening concludes with an opening reception “Birthday Party” to celebrate the 100 year anniversary of the event. Other sessions during the expo will include news and networking with Lewis S. Ranieri, CFOB and FHFA updates, Mega-Trends in servicing ownership, rebuilding global acceptance of U.S. mortgage assets, optimizing moves to the purchase market, and the government’s role in housing finance.
The event will also serve as the location for committee meetings and the opportunity to hear from exhilarating speakers, including:
- The Honorable George W. Bush, 43rd U.S. President, speaking during the Sixth General Session
- The Honorable John Ellis Bush, 43rd Florida state governor, speaking during the Sixth General Session
- The Honorable Richard Cordray, Director of the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau, speaking during the Second General Session
- The Honorable Shaun Donovan, Secretary of the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development, speaking during the First General Session
- The Honorable Jeb Hensarling, U.S. House of Representatives, speaking during the Seventh General Session
- Donald H. Layton, Chief Executive Officer of Freddie Mac, speaking during the Fourth General Session
- Timothy J. Mayopoulos, President and Chief Executive Officer of Fannie Mae, speaking during the Fourth General Session
Exhibitors will also be present at the expo and convention, with multiple opportunities to network and learn about the services provided by each. Attendees will have access to leading companies that provide services and products to take businesses to the next level. Dozens of exhibitors will share their stories and services with attendees throughout the event.
Sunday, October 27th: 6:00 P.M.-7:30 P.M.
Monday, October 28th: 10:00 A.M.-5:30 P.M.
Tuesday, October 29th: 11:00 A.M.- 4:00 P.M.